The Consular Hall

At the end of the 18th century, the Consular Hall, already existing in the original Llotja building and located on the second floor, was compartmented to accommodate the classrooms of the various schools the Board of Trade had created. This meant that the Gothic elements, the round arches and the windows overlooking the Orange-Tree Courtyard were concealed between the new partition walls.

The Consular Hall is entered from the Hall of Lions, located above the gallery of the main floor giving onto the courtyard. It received this name thanks to the two large plaster lions made by Damià Campeny in 1830.